2009年11月19日木曜日

VOODOO ISLAND

Title: VOODOO ISLAND
Author: Michael Duckworth
Publisher (level): OXFORD (2)
Summary:
This is a story about curse of “VOODOO” in an island: Haiti. One day, James Conway came to Haiti to do business and get money, and started to change wealthy nature of the island into houses, offices, shops, etc. And he planned to break an old graveyard and to make shops there. Kee wanted to stop the plan, when he knew it, because his grandfather’s grave was in there. Kee went to meet Conway and said “I will help you if you are good to me”. Conway said “I want to live in a big house, with a lots of rooms. And, I want lots of people to clean the rooms and bring me food. I want to have a lot of money in the bank. And, I don’t want to work”. ”I’ll give you everything that you want.” promised Kee. But, the graveyard was broken. So, Kee who know how to use voodoo did a ritual of voodoo. Next day, Conway had terrible dreams, and went mad. So, he entered a hospital. But, now, he has a big place to live in, with lots of rooms. People come and clean the rooms and bring him food. He doesn’t have to work, and he’s got a lot of money in the bank.
Evaluation: 4 stars
This story is interesting. Especially, in the end of it, scene that Conway’s all hopes came true is excellent.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿